Backing up your license
Backing up your license notice
Although it is possible to have your license code resent to you by an automated system it is still highly recommended that you make backups when you receive your license notice via email.
- Email addresses change: if you change email addresses you might not be able to have your code remailed to your automatically.
- Hard drives fail: don’t just copy the license notice to another location on your hard drive; print it out as well so that you have a hard-copy in the event of a hardware failure.
Backing up your license certificate
When you register Hextrapolate a license certificate is created inside your Library folder. Upon activating an activation certificate will be created as well. You can make manual copies of these and store them in a safe place.
To manually back-up your license and activation certificate:
- Quit Hextrapolate.
- Using the Finder, go to your home directory and open the Library folder
- Inside the Library folder, open the Preferences folder
- Copy the files com.wincent.Hextrapolate.license.plist and com.wincent.Hextrapolate.activation.certificate.plist from the Preferences folder to the backup location of your choice (for example, another disk, a recordable CD or DVD, or a USB stick)