November 12, 2007
Involuntary Reboot Log #20
Another hard reset, this time not due to a fault in Mac OS X but rather due to my iMac's flakey construction (checking a USB cable at the back of the enclosure resulted in the wonky power socket temporarily cutting power to the machine). Another half hour lost while rebooting from the install DVD and running Disk First Aid.
On a related note, my external USB speakers (SoundSticks) are no longer recognized by the system.
Involuntary reboot stats to date
- Operating system version: 10.5
- Kernel panics: 6
- Hard resets: 14
- Total failures: 20
- Start of recording keeping: 21 May 2006
- Total days to date: 540 days
- Average time between failures: 27 days
- Uptime at moment of failure(s): approximately 8 hours
More Involuntary Reboot Log articles
Posted by wincent at November 12, 2007 9:54 AM